Work has changed over the centuries, from an active and outdoor existence to a more sedentary one. We spend a lot of time in front of computers and dimly lit areas without noticing the effects.
Because your physical well-being is important to us here at CuriousMob.com, we’ve put together a list of workouts you may do in the privacy of your own home.
10. Practice breathing exercises
Breathing is the first step in calming down after a long and exhausting day of work. Slowing our heart rate and reducing our blood pressure are two of the many benefits of deep abdominal breathing. Since tension is reduced and we are more able to focus on the task at hand, it can improve our mental health.
- Get a comfy chair and put your feet on the ground. Maintain a straight back and relaxed shoulders.
- Take a deep breath and close your eyes. Then, use your thumb to close the right nostril while you breathe in through the left one.
- Close the left nostril with your ring finger and hold your breath for a short time.
- It’s time to take the thumb out of your right nostril and slowly let go of this side.
- Close the right nostril with your thumb and then breathe in through it. Do the same with the left one.
- When you feel more centered and calm, repeat the cycle as many times as possible until you feel better.