Fitness experts are sure you can get in shape even if you don’t go to the gym. And exercises like planks, twists, and squats that can be done at home are great for this. But they may only look easy at first; in reality, many people do them wrong. And this can not only make them less effective, but it can also be bad for your health.
We at CuriousMob.com learned about some mistakes people often make when doing simple exercises. So, we looked at what fitness experts had to say, and now we know how to fix them.
The plank is one of the best basic exercises that work all body parts. But if you don’t do this exercise right, it loses all of its benefits and could cause back problems.
- When the pelvis is raised, the weight isn’t distributed correctly. This puts too much pressure on the shoulders, which causes pain in the neck.
- When the lower back sags, the ab muscles don’t work as hard, the knees get hurt, and there may be a pain in the lumbar area.
- Cervical osteochondrosis can be caused by looking up or to the side of your head.
The right way to do it
- Put your elbows right under your shoulder joints, relax your neck, and look down.
- Your legs should be straight, and the muscles in your buttocks should be working.
- Your back should be straight, your stomach should be pulled in, and your shoulders, hips, and heels should all be in a straight line.